To install the Inspectlet tracking code via Google Tag Manager, please follow the instructions below:
- Log into Google Tag Manager.
- Click “Overview” on the left navigation bar.
- Click “New Tag”.
- Click “Custom HTML Tag”.
- Insert the Inspectlet tracking code in the textbox.
- After adding the code, click “Continue”.
- Under “Fire On”, choose one or more trigger options.
- Make sure to choose an option or the tag will not fire.
- After choosing a trigger, click “Create Tag”.
- After creating the tag, click “Publish” on the top right to put out the changes.
Check if it it's installed correctly
To debug whether Inspectlet is installed and functioning correctly, append ?inspectlet_diagnostics=true to your website URL to bring up the diagnostics console.
If you're having issues with Inspectlet up and running on your site please send us an email at email@example.com and we'd be happy to help you get started!